Entrepreneurship Development Programme
Entrepreneurship as a career option has emerged in the recent times considering the situation of employment in the country. Thus, it is relevant to inculcate the entrepreneurial values among students during their educational tenure. Entrepreneurship Development Programme is based on the assumption that entrepreneurs are not only born, but can also be identified, motivated and thus created. The programme has been designed at three levels:
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme
- Entrepreneurship Motivation Programme
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme- mentoring for those students who have decided/interested to start their own venture.
Objectives : The main objective of the programme is to motivate students to become entrepreneurs so that they can become job creators instead of job seekers. The specific objectives of the programme are:
- To identify, select/ motivate and train young graduates to take up entrepreneurship as a career option.
- To nurture entrepreneurial skill among women graduates in Udupi district by linking them to various opportunities and resources to set up self employment ventures.